First Semester HCB Curriculum Checklists
Knowing what courses to register for starts with your first semester curriculum checklists:
- Are you a Pre-Health Sciences student? If yes, use the Pre-Health Sciences First Semester Checklist.
- Are you a 3/3 Law student? If yes, use the 3/3 Law First Semester Checklist.
- If no to the above questions, use the BSBA General Curriculum First Semester Checklist.
These first semester checklists include special notes that will help you during your first registration cycle:
Unless otherwise noted by your RSP Faculty Advisor, the courses that do not have a color will be taken in future semesters.
When selecting your courses, please reference the First Semester Courses. All incoming Heider College of Business freshmen are pre-registered for RSP 103. This section and any other pre-registered courses may not be changed.
Searching for Suggested Courses
When searching for classes on the Class Schedule Search, use the “Attribute Type” search to find all of the courses that will fulfill that specific Magis core course. Using the “Attribute Type” search will allow you to see all the course options that fulfill a Magis Common Core course requirement.
Leave other search fields as “All,” then scroll to the “Attribute Type” search box found on the lower half of the Class Schedule Search page.
This handy search will allow you to pull up all the classes/options that you may choose to fulfill a Magis Common Core requirement:
- 1CCC Magis: Contemporary Composition = ENG 15X
- 1CCT Magis: The Christian Tradition = THL 11X
- 1CHI Magis: Critcl Issue/Humn Inquir * = XXX 17X (*This class has a co-req of COM 101)
- 1CPI Magis: Philosphical Ideas = PHL 11X
Although you have flexibility with some Magis Core requirements, other Magis Core courses are specific to Heider. In order to complete your degree in a timely fashion, we strongly recommend choosing to take the required Magis Core course that also fulfills the required Heider requirement. Heider (and Magis) required pre-requisites are met only by the following courses:
- Mathematical Reasoning = MTH 141 Applied Calculus, MTH 245 Calculus or MTH 231 Calculus for Biological Sciences
- Understanding Natural Science = CSC 121 Computers and Scientific Thinking
- Understanding Social Science = PSY 201 Introduction to Psychology
You may choose to take additional or other Magis requirements to fulfill Mathematical Reasoning, Understanding Natural Science and Understanding Social Science. However, you will still be required to take the classes listed above to fulfill specific pre-requisites for Heider students.