Project Management (Graduate Certificate)
Take your project management skills to the next level through Creighton’s experiential and practitioner-oriented Graduate Certificate in Project Management. You’ll master the ability to implement projects, programs and portfolios effectively.
The program is built around A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), the internationally accepted standard of practice for project management.
The project management courses cover 100 percent of the topics for the two most awarded PMI certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP®)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI®-ACP).
It also covers a significant portion of the topics for the others: PMI® Program Management Professional (PMI® -PgMP)®, PMI® Risk Management Professional (PMI®-RMP)®; PMI® Scheduling Professional (PMI®-SP)®, PMI® Organizational Project Management OPM3® Professional Certification.
PMI, PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP, PgMP, OPM3 and PMBOK are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
New and experienced professionals, and adult learners in particular, will be able to enhance their skills portfolio and gain career-advancing knowledge in project management.
- How to apply business concepts to generate solutions to current business problems
- How to integrate project management knowledge with leadership, collaboration, communication skills, negotiation and strategic thinking, in traditional as well as virtual environments
- How to apply a stakeholder value-based framework for financial decisions related to project alternatives balancing speed, cost and quality
- How to exercise ethical integrity and professional standards in project management
- Prepare to sit for the exams to earn a CAPM®, PMP® or PMI-ACP® designation. These professional designations are recognized globally.
- How to improve your ability to successfully implement projects, including how to analyze and construct arguments, deal appropriately with alternative points of view and justify a proposal
The project management certificate consists of 14-15 credit hours. These credits may also apply as a focus area in the MBA. See the complete list of courses you’ll take.
Students wishing to enter the Project Management Certificate program need to submit :
- completed application
- official degree-granting transcript showing that they’ve earned a bachelor’s degree
Credits earned toward this certificate can also be applied toward a Master of Business Administration (MBA). If you choose to move on to the MBA program, you’ll need to meet additional requirements.