Project Management (Graduate Certificate)
Other Programs Available
See projects through efficiently and effectively.
Discover how to see projects through from conception to realization while keeping costs, quality and stakeholder interests in check through Creighton University graduate certificate in Project Management.
This one-year, online program will equip you with the techniques and processes you need to build a cohesive team, sort out logistics, maximize your resources, and implement projects in an ethical and cost-effective manner. You’ll apply your knowledge through case studies and scenarios.
Prepare for one of the top certifications in the field.
Earning your graduate certificate in project management helps you develop skills in management, communications, operations and leadership. By the completion of the program, you’ll be prepared to sit for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification — an internationally-recognized designation reserved for the most competent project managers across a multitude of industries.
Take your certificate further—continue on to earn your MBA.
Completing a graduate program in Project Management is valuable in itself, but at Creighton University, you can take it even further. All credits completed as part of our Graduate Certificate in Project Management program may be used as credit toward a master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from Creighton University’s prestigious Heider College of Business. By completing this certificate program, you’ll be nearly halfway done with your MBA, should you decide to pursue it.
To earn the Graduate Certificate in Project Management at Creighton University, you must complete 15 credits:
Core Courses (6 credit hours)
- Managing Projects: The Fundamentals
- Managing Projects: The Fundamentals Lab
- Mastering Project Management
- Mastering Project Management Lab
Badges earned through the Creighton University Center for Professional and Corporate Excellence may be used to fulfill the core courses requirements of this program.
Elective courses (9 credit hours). Choose three of the following:
- Project Management Capstone – PMP Exam Prep
- Project Management Capstone – PMI ACP Exam Prep
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- Business, Ethics and Society
- Database Management Systems
- Business Process Management
- Introduction to Executive Leadership
- Advanced Executive Leadership
- Business Operations – Technical Focus
- Business Operations – Interpersonal, Interdisciplinary and Transversal Skills Focus
All credits completed as part of the Graduate Certificate in Project Management program may be used as credit toward a Master of Business Administration degree.
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Two letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
- Two years full-time work experience
- GMAT score may be required (see policy below)
- Must meet English language proficiency requirements
- Who are formally admitted must complete and submit a Certification of Available Finances form through the Global Engagement Office
You are not required to provide a GMAT score to apply if you have work experience, a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, and a bachelor’s or higher degree from a U.S. institution.
If your cumulative GPA is less than 3.0, or if you have not received a bachelor’s or higher degree from a U.S. institution, you will be required to provide a GMAT score.
Regardless of applicant’s cumulative GPA, the admissions committee reserves the right to require an applicant to submit a GMAT score if there are concerns regarding the student’s achievement across all math, statistics, economics and finance courses previously completed.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance, as well as for graduate student scholarships and fellowships. Here’s how to apply for financial assistance:
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
Monthly Electronic Transfer (MET) Payment Plan
The Creighton Business Office offers a flexible monthly payment plan that enables you to make payments on your tuition and fees one chunk at a time. Learn more.
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Scholarships offered by the University
- Scholarships offered by third parties
- Gainful Employment Disclosure
For questions about financial aid, contact: gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu or call 402.280.2731
|Start Classes in||Apply By|
Master of Business Administration (MBA) (33 credits)
- Advance your business skills through our flexible MBA program that can be customized to fit your career goals.
- All credits earned toward the Graduate Certificate in Project Management may count toward a Master of Business Administration degree.
- Available in on-campus, online and hybrid formats.
A full listing of courses offered for the Master of Business Administration can be found in the course catalog.