Executive Healthcare MBA (Master of Business Administration)
Other Programs Available
The Executive Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management program offers a flexible, accessible, credible and relevant graduate degree. The program is designed for adult learners who seek the quality, rigor and reputation of a Jesuit, values-centered liberal arts education.
You’ll join a rich, multidisciplinary cohort in a learning environment that combines online and residency-based experiences and coursework. Specifically tailored to busy, working physicians and healthcare executives, the hybrid format attracts mid-career, full-time working students. Through an immersive learning experience, you’ll learn to excel in the management of a health system, hospital, physician practice, department or other healthcare organization.
The program has a robust and credible curriculum, designed around two of the most well-respected professional associations in the healthcare industry: the American College of Healthcare Executives and the American Association for Physician Leadership. Students completing the Creighton University Heider College of Business Executive Healthcare MBA program will be well-prepared to complete either organization’s respective certification exam processes.
Program Format and Delivery
A rigorous, accelerated program, the Executive MBA in Healthcare Management is offered in a flexible, cohort-based, hybrid format designed in the following structure:
- 18 months
- 45 credit hours
- Four, four-day on-campus residencies
This program is for physicians or mid-career healthcare executives who wish to acquire a graduate degree in healthcare administration to advance their understanding and preparedness to perform at a high level. Ideal students for this programs include clinicians who manage departments, physicians who aspire to departmental or organizational leadership, are serving on organizational leadership committees, or manage private practices or other entrepreneurial ventures. Additionally, healthcare administrators who desire to expand their knowledge base and academic preparation, or advance to higher levels of career rank will find this program appealing.
Creighton’s Executive Healthcare MBA program offers a rigorous, healthcare specific, cohort-based learning environment that has been custom-built for physicians, advanced clinicians and healthcare leaders.
- Disciplinary knowledge and behavior essential for healthcare leadership
- Advanced business concepts to make intelligent decisions in a healthcare organization
- The relationships between personal values, professional obligations and social responsibilities
- Effective leadership skills in a collaborative, team environment
- Professional communication skills
The curriculum consists of 45 credit hours, which includes the following:
- Executive Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- Strategy for Healthcare Organizations
- Introduction to Healthcare Management
- Quality and Performance Improvement in Healthcare
- Finance for the Healthcare Manager
- Healthcare Marketing
- Management of Human Resources in Healthcare
- Legal and Ethical Considerations in Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Accounting
- Health Policy and Economics
- Information Systems and Data Analytics in Healthcare
- Quantitative Methods and Evidence Based Decision Making in Healthcare Management
- Independent Study | Elective
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or terminal degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must include at least five years of management experience or clinical practice in a healthcare organization
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Three letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
This 18-month program costs $50,000 total ($1,111 per credit hour). This fee includes all tuition, class materials, software, textbooks, and most meals during residencies, University fee and University technology fee.
You can continue working while completing this degree program. Much of your coursework is online, with scheduled on-campus residencies to build networking opportunities and receive hands-on guidance. Financial aid is available through Creighton’s Financial Aid Office.
Program Start Date
Fall 2018 Cohort Dates
Residency: October 22-25, 2018
A Courses: October 29, 2018 – January 13, 2019
Break: January 14-20, 2019
B Courses: January 21, 2019 – April 7, 2019
Break: April 8-14, 2019
Residency: April 15-18, 2019
A Courses: April 22, 2019 – July 7, 2019
Break: July 8-14, 2019
B Courses: July 15, 2019 – September 29, 2019
Break: September 30 – October 13, 2019
Residency: October 14-17, 2019
A Courses: October 21, 2019 – January 5, 2020
Break: January 6-12, 2020
B Courses: January 13, 2019 – March 29, 2020
Break: March 30 – April 12, 2020
Residency: April 13-16, 2020