Investment Management and Financial Analysis (MIMFA)
Other Programs AvailableInvestment Management and Financial Analysis MIMFA Online
If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding and dynamic career in the financial services industry, Creighton’s investment management and financial analysis master’s degree (MIMFA) will provide you with the critical skills and knowledge to achieve success.
You may choose to attend either the campus-based program, which meets Monday-Thursday evenings, or participate in the flexible online-based investment management and financial analysis master’s program. Either way, you’ll study a highly relevant, practice-based curriculum that is built on the globally acclaimed Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) Program.
Creighton University is one of a select number of universities worldwide that have earned the distinction of being formally recognized as a CFA Program Partner. The degree you earn from Creighton, which is consistently ranked in the top 20 graduate finance programs by U.S. News & World Report, will provide you with a solid foundation on which to build a successful career. If you are interested in earning the CFA® designation, you will benefit from studying the material in a classroom setting.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of financial analysts is projected to grow 16% by 2022, due in large part to a growing range of products available to consumers and the need for analysts who have in-depth knowledge. Investment portfolios are becoming complex, and emerging markets throughout the world are providing new investment opportunities that require expertise in those markets.
Even though growth in the field will create new positions, there are still more people wanting to enter the profession than there are jobs available. Having a graduate degree can significantly improve an applicant’s prospects.
- Learn in-depth about how to manage portfolios successfully and ethically
- Master advanced financial concepts
- Understand quantitative and equity analysis
- MIM 720 Ethics & Professional Standards
- MIM 722 Fixed Income & Derivatives I
- MIM 724 Quantitative Analysis
- MIM 730 Financial Statement Analysis I
- MIM 732 Capital Markets
- MIM 734 Equity Analysis
- MIM 736 Fixed Income & Derivatives II
- MIM 738 Financial Statement Analysis II
- MIM 740 Portfolio Management
Electives may be selected from additional MIM offerings or MBA offerings with approval from the program director.
You can gain entry into this program by meeting the following requirements:
- You must have earned a bachelor’s degree to be admitted to the program. Students who have an undergraduate degree in business or who have significant work experience in the field will be considered for either conditional or full admission.
- Students who have earned degrees from outside the field who do not have significant work experience will not be considered for conditional admission. You must instead fulfill all of the Creighton Graduate Programs admissions requirements prior to taking classes, including completion of the GMAT requirement.
To earn your Master of Investment Management and Financial Analysis (MIMFA), you must complete 30 credits.