Maggie Knight, DBA, CPA, CGMA
Director, Master of Accounting Program
Heider College of Business
- Assistant Professor
- Assistant Professor
Maggie Knight is currently an Assistant Professor of Accounting at the Heider College of Business and Director of the Master of Accounting Program. She earned her doctorate at Creighton University in 2018, and has an interest in behavioral accounting research, particularly burnout and alternative work arrangements in public accounting. Up until August 2016, she served as the chief financial officer for the primary and specialty care networks of physicians in CHI Health, serving over 800 providers and 140 locations. Maggie originally joined CHI Health in 2008 as the System Controller, where she oversaw accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, financial analysis, capital planning, benchmarking, and decision support/cost accounting for the health system. Prior to her time with CHI Health, Maggie spent seven years in public accounting with KPMG, where she served healthcare clients throughout the Midwest.
- Gustafson, A., Lux, D., Knight, M., Mueller-Fichepain, D., Shick, M., McCarville, M. (in press).
Catholic social thought: Current state of implementation at catholic business schools. , Journal of Catholic Higher Education
- Cooper, M. L., Knight, M. E., Frazier, M. L., Law, D. W. (2019). Conflict management style and
exhaustion in public accounting, Managerial Auditing Journal, 34 (2) , 118-141
- Grayson, K. C., Knight, M. E., Cooper, M. L., Purcell, T. J., Buller, P. F., Gustafson, A. (2018).
Preliminary assessment of the Ignatian-centered DBA program: Building the next generation of leaders. , Journal of Jesuit Business Education, 9 (1), 109-125
- Cooper, M. L., Knight. M. E., Frazier, M. L., Law, D. L. Conflict management style and exhaustion in public accounting. American Accounting Association Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., 2018
Gustafson, A., Lux, D., Knight, M., Mueller-Fichepain, D., Shick, M.,
McCarville, M. Catholic social thought at Jesuit and other catholic business schools: Current state of training for students and faculty initial report findings. 24th International Association of Jesuit Business Schools World Forum and the 2018 Colleagues in Jesuit Business Education Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, 2018
Knight, M. E., Cooper, M. L., Grayson, K. C., Purcell, T. J., Buller, P. F.,
Gustafson, A. The Jesuit DBA program: Two years into the cooperative project. 2017 Colleagues in Jesuit Business Education Annual Meeting, Omaha, NE, 2017
- Knight, M. E., Taylor, R. M. The millennial impact on alternative work arrangement (AWA) support and the profile of AWA naysayers in public accounting. American Accounting Association Midwest Region Meeting, Chicago, IL, 2017
- Knight, M. E., Lux, D. Leveraging Excel Macros to Prevent and Detect Excel Project Cheating. American Accounting Association Annual Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting, San Francisco, CA, 2019.
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Burnout in public accounting
Alternative work arrangements in public accounting
Mission and pedagogy in Jesuit business schools