Vasant Raval, DBA
Heider College of Business
- 1984 CISA Successful completion of Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) examinations, Information Systems Audit and Control Association.
- 1976 D.B.A. Doctor in Business Administration Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, (Major: Accounting; Minor: Information Systems; Work in-depth: Organizational Behavior).
- 1972 M.B.A. Master in Business Administration Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana.
- 1971 ACMA Successful completion of requirements for Associate Member of the Institute of Cost & Management Accountants, UK.
- 1965 AICWA Successful completion of requirements for Associate Member of the Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India.
- 1961 B.Com. Bachelor of Commerce, with Honors University of Bombay, Bombay, India.
CertificationsCertified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Certified Management Accountant (India and UK)
- Raval, V. & Raval, P.; Finding SOUL Work and Life, New Age Books, Delhi India, New Age Books, 2010
- Column: Information Ethics; The Limits of Rules, ISACA Journal, 3, 2015
- Information Technology and Inovation Ethics, ISACA Journal, 2, 2015
- Raval, V. & M. Greteman. Big Data in Management Accounting., The Management Accountant, 50(9), 102-106, 2015
- An Alchemy of C3: Character, College, and Computers,, ISACA Journal, 6, 2014
- Machine Ethics, Journal of Doctoral Nursing Practice, 5, 2014
- Ethics of the Professional Bodies, ISACA Journal, 3, 2014
- Seven Myths of Information Governance, ISACA Journal, 4, 26-31, 2014
- Raval,V. Human Disposition and Fraud Cycle, International Journal of Applied Behavioral Economics, 2 (1), 1-16, 2013
- Morse, E. A., Raval, V. Private ordering in light of the law: Achieving consumer protection through payment card security measures, DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal, 10, 213-265, 2012
- Market Price Effects of Data Security Breaches, Information Security Journal: A Global Perspective, 20, 263-273, 2011
- Raval, Vasant, Morse, Edward A. PCIDSS and the legal framework for security: An update on recent developments and policy directions, Lydian Payments Journal, 1, 31, 2010
- PCI DSS and the Legal Framework for Security: An Update on Recent Deveoplments and Policy Directions, Lydian Journal, 31-45, 2010
- Risk Landscape of Cloud Computing, ISACA Journal, 1, 26-30, 2010
- Morse, Edward A., Raval, Vasant PCI DSS: Payment card industry data security standards in context, Computer Law & Security Report, 24, 540-554, 2008
- Raval, V. Dilemmas of the digital firm, CFO Connect, 17-19, 2006
- Protzman, K. M., Raval, V. Concept mapping ?.. A learning tool for the information systems audit profession, Journal Online: Information Systems Control and Audit Association, 3, 1-4, 2006
Editing and Reviews
- Managerial Accounting for Managers, Noreen, Brewer, and Garrison, McGraw-Hill, 2011
- Accounting Information Systems: Basic Concepts & Current Issues, R.L. Hurt, 2nd Edition, McGraw-Hill, 2010
- Risk and Responsibility, Regional AGA-IIA conference on ethics, 2012
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Financial fraud, Business ethics, Information security, Information ethics.
- Best Paper Award, ICEA Workshops, 2012