Creighton University’s Heider College of Business and Portfolio Practicum class will once again be hosting a value investing panel discussion one day prior to the Berkshire Hathaway Shareholders Meeting.
The panel will begin promptly at 3:00 pm on Friday, May 4th, in the Mike and Josie Harper Center Auditorium, and a reception will follow the panel discussion at 5:00 pm in the atrium area of the Harper Center.
Currently in it’s tenth year, the Value Investing Panel (VIP) is organized and run by the Portfolio Practicum students each year, and is designed for students and investors interested in value investing. It is also open to members of the community who would like to hear panelists’ thoughts on the current state of the stock market and alternative investment strategies.
Picking the brain of just one of the panelists would be illuminating. Hearing their combined thoughts in a panel discussion atmosphere is a truly rare opportunity.
A Berkshire Hathaway Book Signing event, hosted by Hudson Booksellers, will also take place in conjunction with the Value Investing Panel.
- Robert Johnson, PhD, CFA, CAIA, currently serves as the president and CEO of The American College of Financial Services.
- John Maginn, CFA, current president of Maginn Associates and former chairman of the board of governors for the CFA Institute.
- Lawrence Cunningham, JD, American scholar and author on the topics of corporate governance and investing and research professor of law at George Washington University
- Thomas Digenan, CFA, CPA, Head of US Intrinsic Value Equities, UBS Asset Management
- Douglas Jackman, MBA, CFA, Executive Vice President at Thomas White International, Lt., Chairman of the board of directors of CFA Society Chicago
- Vitaliy Katsenelson, CFA, Chief Investment Officer at Investment Management Associates and nationally-known author
- Susan Schmidt, CFA, Portfolio Manager and Senior Vice President at Westwood Management Corp.