As a community program, Youth Leadership Omaha would not continue to be as effective and successful without the support of countless volunteers from the Omaha community. We would like to recognize and thank the following volunteers for their dedicated time and assistance.
This committee is responsible for reviewing hundreds of student applications, conducting interviews at high schools, and selecting the 40 student participants of the YLO program each year.
- Nicole Bianchi – Bravium Human Development
- Brian Boerner, ’18 – Business Development Officer, CREC Energy
- Ayanna Boykins – Project Director, Anti-Defamation League
- Luke Buffington, ’16 – Data Warehouse Developer, First National Bank
- Kathryn Dorwart – YLO Alum and Accounting Assistant at Gavilon Group, LLC
- Whitney Eiden – Academic Advisor, Heider College of Business
- Valyn Gipson, ‘12, ‘18 – USAF Healthcare Administrator
- Joan Jurek – Director of College Planning at EducationQuest Foundation
- Liz Kerrigan – Leadership Strategist – Greater Omaha Chamber
- Joe Kleinsmith – YLO Alum and Heider College of Business Deans Fellow, ’21
- Angeline Larson – YLO Alum and Chief Operations Office, Charles Drew Health Center, Inc.
- Amy McLaughlin – V.P., Programs and Operations at ICAN
- Sarah Moylan – Manager of Young Professionals at Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce
- Thomas Murdock, ‘15 – Senior Associate, KPMG LLP
- Sherie Thomas – Omaha Police Department
- N. Omar Valentine – Director, Upward Bound, Metro Community College
- Tim Vleisides, ’18 – Associate, KPMG LLP
- Charisse Williams – Assistant Dean, Heider College of Business