Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
Through the official IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, current accounting students in the Heider College of Business use their skills and expertise to assist qualifying families file their taxes for free every spring.
Creighton University’s VITA program is mutually beneficial for both students and community members. Students study tax rules, IRS 1040 forms and applicable tax credits and deductions in the Principles of Taxation class, then apply this knowledge to help families in our community file their tax returns at no cost.
For more information on how to qualify for the IRS VITA Program click here.
- Proof of Identification (Photo ID)
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- All wage and earning statements (Form W-2)
- Form 1095, Health Insurance Statements
- Bank accounting routing number and account number for direct deposit
- Copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available