Creighton Business Symposium
About the Symposium
The Creighton Business Symposium assists students in gaining an understanding of professionalism in the contemporary and changing business world while holding true to Jesuit values. The Symposium, organized by students for students, is a unique experience that brings together the Creighton community and business executives to discuss current issues and trends in today's dynamic business environment. Through this forum, students will take their knowledge, principles and skills gained in the classroom and apply them to real-world settings. This event grants students the opportunity to network with and learn from value-driven professionals who have succeeded in business.
The Creighton Business Symposium is currently the largest student planned event in the nation. 2013 will be our 10th Annual Business Symposium. In 2012, we had over 200 business personnel and 350 students in attendance and raised over $53,000. We’re looking forward to and are really excited for another great Symposium this year!
We want to create an event that:
- Assists Creighton students in gaining an understanding of professionalism in the contemporary and changing business world
- Enables students to take the knowledge and skills acquired from their undergraduate education and build bridges to real-world settings
- Lives out the Jesuit ideals of higher education
- Brings together students, faculty and business executives to discuss current issues and trends in today's dynamic business environment
- Allows students to network directly with business professionals
- Enhances the College of Business's image on campus and with local, regional and national organizations, to be recognized as a leader in academic excellence and student involvement
- Allows faculty to strengthen ties with local, regional and national organizations
- Creates pride and encourages support among alumni and other donors
- Showcases Creighton students to local, regional, and national employers for the development of internship and full-time career opportunities